Friday, June 27, 2008

My brother Josh and his wife Cali were expecting their first baby boy on July 28, 2008. McKallister Vance Hinckley arrived early this morning at 5:53 a.m, he weighed 7 lbs 15 oz, and is 21 in. Under unknown circumstances, they could not find baby Mac's heart beat at her doctors appointment yesterday morning. The doctors agreed to start her right away. After 14 hours in labor and 2 hours of pushing, baby Mac finally arrived. He is so perfect and beautiful! Josh and Cali have been so strong through this whole heart breaking experience. They are great parents. We are all happy to know about the plan of salvation, that we will all be together again with him someday. This experience has really opened my eyes into what is really important in this life, Families. This has really brought both of our families closer and stronger than ever. We love you Baby Mac!!! We will never forget you!

5 comments:

Henich Family said...

Rachel...

Your family has taught me so much just by reading about baby Mac. Thank you for posting about this experience and helping my testimony to grow. We love you guys, please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Andrea

Sarah said...

I am so sorry. That video was amazing. We love you!

lindsay said...

Rachel, this is lindsay from the old Lehi ward! I know Cali and her family really well and couldn't believe it when I heard about all of this... i am so sad for your sweet family... I will be checking your blog often so I hope we can stay connected! Take care!!

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh, this is terrible. I just happened to look at your blog today, and couldn't believe this when I saw it. I am just crying, and so heartbroken for your whole family. You seem like such a strong family, and seeing their blog, and reading about this experience has just imspired me so much. I can't imagine going through this, I know I'm not strong enough. I'm just so sorry for your loss. Your whole family is in my prayers.

Christa said...

I have been so touched by the strength and faith of your family. I've thought so much about this over the past week and a half. We can all ask why something like this would happen and although we don't have all of the answers we can have a measure of peace knowing where your sweet nephew is. I am so very grateful for the Plan of Salvation and my testimony of it and the gospel has grown so much. You are in our prayers.