Monday, July 28, 2008

Together Forever

Saturday was the best day yet. We were sealed as a family for Time and all Eternity, in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. The whole day was incredible. At 12:00 pm was our sealing. My grandpa was able to perform the sealing. The words he spoke touched everyone in the room. The spirit has never felt so strong, and the veil seemed so thin. Brock did great during the sealing. When he came into the room he was glowing and looked so precious. We could not stop smiling. Cali was able to hold Brock during the sealing. That was a whole other spiritual experience. It was the first time the family was in the Temple sense the passing of baby Mac. It was amazing. We all new he was there. The love we felt from the Savior was very comforting. After the sealing we went back to our home for the blessing of Brock. Randy performed the blessing, and did amazing. We are very blessed to have such a sweet little boy. This was such a joyful day. Being in the Temple to feel close to the Savior. To be apart of this sacred ordinance. To have all of our family and friends there with us, they showed us there love a support. It meant so much to us and is a great blessing. We are truly happy to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives.

We can not go with out thanking Brock's birth-parents. You are truly amazing!! Thank you.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an amazing experience for your family. Sounds like it was absolutely beautiful. So happy for you guys!

DeJong Family said...

What an amazing day! We are so happy for you, its amazing the happiness and joy that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Henich Family said...

Oh my heck I am so mad that I had to leave after the sealing. I wish I could have been there for his blessing too. It was an amazing experience thank you for letting me share it with you guys!

Malia said...

I have been checking your blog like ten times a day waiting for this post! I'm glad it was perfect in every way! Brock is adorable...

Erin said...

It was so amazing to be there to see Brock sealed to you guys. He is so lucky to have you for his parents! I love you guys!

Hinckley Family said...

I was crying even before it started just reading and remembering that special day! Then through my tears i started laughing when I watched the video at the "must" picture! You two look like giants compaired to Brock! I love it! Thanks for letting me be a part of that day it was a very fulfilling spiritual experience I will treasure forever.

Jeff and Alli said...

Alli and I were so touched by your sealing. It was a special time for the three of you. Heavenly Father has great plans for your little one. We are so proud of the two of you and we know that you have been blessed with Brock and Brock has been blessed with you. What a great story.

TAYBEL said...

We wish we could have made it up for the sealing. The pictures made me cry because I know how special it was for you and everyone there.

auttelf said...

Hey its Autumn Telford. I found your blog on The Stocks Congrats on the sealing and baby!I am so happy for you. I saw you walking into our stake center the other day when I was driving by. We must be in the same stake!

Colt and Morgan said...

HOW EXCITING!!!! CONGRATS!! You made it! haha time goe sby so fast. Brock is getting SO big! I like to see his new little tricks and fun things that he does, cause Houston isn't very far behind him, so i know what's coming up! We deffiantly need to get together when you guys come next! We crash at your house for a week then disapear! Let us know when you're hear!! Congrats again!!

Brynn Christensen said...

Rachel~

I am so happy for the 3 of you. I cried the whole time that I read your blog. What a blessing...Brock is so blessed to have you as his mom.

Thanks for the great and sassy haircut today!
Brynn

Andrus Family said...

That slideshow is so darn cute!! Being able to be there when Brock was sealed to you guys was an amazing experience. Thank you for letting me join you guys for that special occasion. He is such a cute little guy and is so lucky to have you both as parents!

Christa said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure that the spirit you felt was simply amazing.

Jessica said...

Congratulations to you and your beautiful family. You don't know me but I am Coach Madsen's (Josh's coach) wife. I check Baby Mac and Erin's blog often and guess I enjoy crying like a baby because it led me to your slideshow which is just fabulous (and I cried the entire time)!!!

Your baby is blessed to be a part of the Hinckley family for sure!! We love Josh and Cali to death and I am sure they were touched to be able to take part in such a big way!

Congratulations again...