Monday, August 11, 2008

2007, What?


This video is dedicated to my hard working Husband. I meant to post this way back in January, but things in our life changed when we adopted Brock (for the better of course). This video will probably be boring to some, but it will mean so much to Randy. I just have to say a few words about the video. I don't really remember 2007. We literally worked none stop on our house for 10 months. We did not do anything. No movies, no shopping, no camping, no watching T.V. etc. Randy was so dedicated to finish the house. We did the majority of the work. From framing, plumbing, electrical, flooring, finish work, concrete, and cleaning. This was the hardest thing I have ever experienced. It was fun but, I never want to do it again. People say "if your marriage can survive building a house, you can survive anything". I think that is very true. Randy is the greatest husband. When we were dating in 9th grade we had a song. It was "I Swear" by All-for-One. In the song is says "I will build your dreams with these two hands, will hang some memories on the walls." I know it's a little cheesy but, he totally did that for me. Not just building the house but, everything I have is from his hard work. I don't know if their is another person in the world that works as hard as he does. Randy, THANK YOU so much for everything I have. I am so blessed to have you as a husband. I Love You!!


4 comments:

Ike and Bethany said...

Rachel that video was really fun to watch. Randy is seriously awesome, I can't imagine doing that or even where to start.

Christa said...

We've talked about building a house someday, but I'm not sure that my mind could take it. I'm not exactly the most patient person. It does seem very alluring to be able to build everything to MY exact specifications. We're comfortable where we are right now, even if it is an older house. Maybe in a few years we'll change our minds.

Malia said...

That was seriously incredible to watch! Way to go!! That must be such a gratifying feeling to know that you built that! WOW! Randy, that is some SERIOUS talent!!

NIXON STUFF said...

Great Work and you will always look at your house and have a memory every where you look. You have a darling little boy. I wanted to say HI it has been a long time. It is fun finding people through blogs. I wish you were close I need a hair cut and I just moved to Georgia and have no clue who to go to. Take Care, Emilie Nixon