Friday, August 29, 2008

The flood is not coming

After years and years of waiting for the flood to come, I finally came to the fact that it was not coming. So, I decided to cave in and go spend a whole lot more on a pair of jeans at the Buckle. I feel like a woman and is some what in style again. For years I have been searching for the right pair of jeans that fit my Daddy-Long-Legs that weren't to expensive. I have often found myself buying guy jeans for the inseam, but the crotch area was bulgy. When I bought girl jeans the waist was always so big my butt would hang out when I bent over. The other day I was in the mall and walking past The Buckle. Everyone has told me that they sell long inseams. I went in just to try a pair on. I could not believe my eyes as I look into the mirror. No bulge and no butt hanging out. I was stunned. 38 inseam is what I tried on. I have never in my life had jeans that drag on the ground. When I came out of the dressing room I gave Randy 2 big thumbs up. I was hesitant to show Randy the price. Like the good man he is, he saw how happy I was and said get them. I can not believe how happy I am. What was I waiting for? The Buckle is my new place to buy jeans, I don't care what the price.

6 comments:

Ike and Bethany said...

Rachel Yay, I am so happy you found jeans that you like. I love that stroy. It made me and my mom laugh.

Christa said...

I have the opposite problem. Average length jeans are always way too long and petite sizes are always way too short. So, I'm always waiting for a flood or tripping over the bottoms because they cover my feet. There's never a happy medium.

windhula said...

Great post! Jeans are the most difficult item of clothing to shop for. I'm starting to think my jeans may not be the problem. Maybe I should lay off the Ben and Jerry's instead. He! He! -Michelle

TAYBEL said...

Finally you listened to me about the flood never coming! haha! That post made me laugh so hard! I love the buckle too! I always have to buy the more expensive jeans because for some reason, they just fit better...although right now they look as if they are "painted on" due to newlywed fat that I have.

Malia said...

LOL - I can honestly say I have NEVER had that problem...ha ha! Those jeans are WAY cute. I love them! It was so good to see you last night. We love you! By the way...you always look good. I've never thought your jeans were too short...but there is definitely something about feeling good in what you're wearing!

MiNdY said...

HaHaHaHa!! I hear ya!! Its really sad for us tall peep, I dont remember the last time I could spend less than $80 on a pair of pants. If I do you will most likely see me rolling them up to capris or wearing flip flops! BaH!