Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Time of Being Thankful

Fall is in the air and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I have been thinking a lot lately of what I am Thankful for. I am going to share my thoughts with you so bare with me...


...What I am Thankful for...


-Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for answering my prayers so I could become a mother.
-The gospel of Jesus Christ for where I am today.
-Loving parents who truly sacrificed a lot for me.
-My amazing and hard working Husband for loving me this long. :)
-My little boy Brock for making me smile every day. :)
-Brock's birth-parents Heather and David for the gift they gave me.
-My brothers and sisters who are my best friends.
-Baby Mac for the things he taught me.
-A loving Prophet to guide this church.
-My Father and Mother-in-laws for the love and support they are.
-My brother and sister-in-laws for being so AWESOME!
-My grandparents and cousins for their love.
-All of my nieces and nephews for being the cutest children ever.
-My friends for making me laugh.
-The life I have.
-Being tall.
-Being healthy.
-This beautiful state we live in.
-The house that keeps me warm at night.
-Our jobs and our employers for the things they do for us.
-Flowers that can brighten any ones day.
-The beauty that is all around us.
-The clothes I wear.
-The shoes on my feet.
-The food I eat everyday.
-Everything that I have.
-Last but not least the blogger's who follow my blog.

My list could go on and on, but I won't bore you that much. I have so much to be Thankful for. I love this time of year, it always makes me think what is really important in this life...for me it's Love, Giving, Patience, Selflessness and trying to be the best I can. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
I wanted a new pair of shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.
-author unknown

4 comments:

Erin said...

That was awesome Rachel! I'm grateful to have a sister like you! You really are amazing and I love you! :)

Malia said...

You're so great Hink. I just love you!

Brynn Christensen said...

Rachel~
Honestly I can not look at your blog every freaking time I read something on it I start to cry - honestly.....

Here is what I am thankful for. A great hairdresser!!!!!

Brynn

Josh and Cali said...

Rachel you are so cute to write what you did!! I am grateful that my son has such an amazingly awesome Aunt like you!