Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Big Black Ugly Coat







Last night we took Brock Down Town to see the lights at Temple Square. It was a very cold night. I was so worried about Brock being warm I forgot about myself, all I had was a wind breaker. Duh! Good thing Randy works outside because in his truck was his BIG BLACK UGLY WORK COAT he lovingly let me wear. Besides looking like a construction worker we had a great time. We started the night at the Gateway to get a bite to eat. Brock loved the fountain, he wanted so badly to get wet. We then headed to Temple Square. Brock also loved all the lights. We stopped in about every building to get warm. Deseret Book was serving FREE hot chocolate so we ventured over there. We ended the night with a trip home on Trax. That is always fun and adventurous. :)
This night-out made me even more GRATEFUL for what I have. We saw several homeless people bunched up in a corner trying to stay warm. All I was thinking is...We have a nice warm bed to go home to. And WHY am I complaining about the BIG UGLY COAT, I am lucky to even be wearing this BIG UGLY COAT. They would die to have it.

1 comment:

windhula said...

Sounds like a fun night. Wish we could have joined you.