Monday, December 1, 2008

They grow to fast



Today I was looking at Brock and he just seems so big to me. He doesn't look like a baby to me anymore. Everyone told me kids grow fast, so I have cherished every moment with him. I am sure glad I did because they were right. Sometimes it is hard to remember him as a newborn. It is amazing what children learn and develop on their own the first year of their life. One of our Apostles (I need to find out which one)this Conference said not to worry about Brock getting the house messy, things breaking you don't want broke, toilet paper everywhere, shoes pulled off the shelf, dirt from a plant on the ground and in his mouth, food everywhere, the list could go on and on. He said it will be over before you know it, cherish those times and play with him instead of cleaning all the time. I am trying to do this. Yes, it is hard but I am trying to see things through Brock's eyes. The time I cherish most with Brock is his bed time. Before I lay him down to sleep I always sing him our song "I love to see the Temple". The way he looks at me is pricless. It's like he understands the words that I am singing. This song is special to me because 4 months ago Randy, Brock and I were sealed for Time and all Eternity in the Temple. I know that is why Brock looks at me the way he does because he knows how special it was. Being a mother has truly brought so much happiness to our family. I remember 2 years ago and how hard is was for me to see and watch everyone around me getting pregnant and have babies. I would have to hold my tears back when someone told me their good news of becoming pregnant. That is all I have ever wanted and it seemed so far away. I have never cried myself to sleep so much. Ever sense I was a little girl I wanted to be a mother. I never knew that it would be this hard for me to get pregnant. In my prayers to Heavenly Father I asked for him to bless me with just one baby, one baby is all I needed. Through all of my years of heartache and pain my prayers were answered. He blessed me with Heather and David who blessed me with Brock. I don't know if I will ever have my own children, what I DO KNOW is that Heavenly Father will answer your prayers on his time and in his way. You might not understand "why". But With faith and patience he will bless you with the desires of your heart. He knew when the right time was for Randy and I to become parents. And as I look back to the "hard times" I have nothing left to do but to Thank him. I understand "why" now more than ever. I am sooo blessed to have my "one baby" Brock. (I do hope there is one more) We will see?

6 comments:

Henich Family said...

Brock is very blessed to have you as a mommy Rachel...You amazing with him!!!!

Malia said...

I agree with Andrea! You are a wonderful mom, Rachel. I love that you don't just say you don't take him for granted...but it shows in every single thing you say about him and do with and for him (I mean, he IS adorable - I don't know how you could think otherwise, but...). You are a great example to me and many others.

Josh and Cali said...

Rachel, thank you so much for this post- it's exactly what I needed to hear from someone who is so strong and has been such a great example to me. I love your family so much and am grateful to have the greatest sister-in-laws in the world!!

Mindi said...

Rachel, this is such a beautiful post! I can completely relate with everything you were feeling before being blessed with Brock, it's nice to know that I wasn't alone. He is so adorable and you are all blessed to have eachother!

windhula said...

What a heart-felt post! Very touching. Way to go Brock! Not having stairs in our house Naish doesn't quite know how to manuver them. He fell right down a couple of stairs last week (thank goodness there were only 2)! So are you guys coming to visit or what?

Ike and Bethany said...

Rachel, all I am going to say is THANKS! I am sure you know why. You are an awesome sister in law and I love just talking to you about everything, even though I am sure you are thinking sometimes does she ever shut up. :D