Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Weekend Project

We painted Brock's room!! I have been wanting to do this for awhile now. Our theme for the room is Flags and Sailboats. My mom and I went to pottery barn kids and looked in the clearance and found this cute quilt. Thank you so much Mom!! I am not very creative when it comes to decorating. My mind turned as to what I wanted his room to look like. This is what I came up with. You be the judge.

Randy got started hanging bead-board and creating a shelf to go above it. It turned out just as I imagined it would. Thanks Rand! I got busy painting. I thought it would take a couple of days, but we got it done all in one day. Thanks to Randy again for lending a hand. F.Y.I-He hates painting. We decided to go with two shades of Blue for the walls and match the bead-board and shelf with our trim and door color. I was so nervous about the colors, but it turned out pretty cute. I think. Here is the result.
Before...

...and...

We also put Brock into a toddler bed. We thought with all the confusion with switching rooms and painting, why not do everything at once. He is doing great! He is really proud that he can get in and out of his bed all by him self. He loves it! (the quilt will look a lot cuter when we get a twin bed:)

...and...


...After

7 comments:

TAYBEL said...

that looks awesome Rachel! I'm impressed.

windhula said...

Hey, that looks familiar! It's the same bedding my boys have on their beds. Great minds think alike I guess. Your room looks great.

P.S. We'd like to schedule some hair appointments next week. Are you available? Should I call Kelly's or the Mellor Salon?

Henich Family said...

I think it looks great!

BBBowen said...

So cute! I love the difference that paint makes!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! I am so envious. That room is beautiful. I can't believe you said you don't decorate well. It doesn't look like that to me. The room is amazing and you don't know how lucky you are to have a husband that can do that bead board. I've been wanting that done in our nursery for SO long and I don't think it will ever happen at this point. Good job!

Angie&Blake said...

Great job, you guys! Looks great!

IONGI FAMILY said...

what a cute room move over martha!!!