Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Come Again" "Really?"

Hello Family and Friends,

We have some very exciting news to share. We Are EXPECTING! It's a Boy! He is due to arrive on December 1st.

Here's the story:

We got a phone call from a childhood friend (Aaron D.) telling us he felt inspired to call us about a young women in his ward, who is pregnant. Their Bishop asked Chanel (birth mother) if it would be OK if this AWESOME couple from Lehi called her. Chanel kinda rolled her eyes and said "sure". We were a little hesitate, but we called her. Randy called first. He said he was so nervous and sweaty. After his call with Chanel, he called me and said "that did not go well at all". He was wrong. Chanel loved his dorky personality. (Who doesn't love Randy?) I called about 2 hours later. I was so nervous. It was going good and then came the awkward pause, but I got through it. We told her if she wanted to meet we would love to do that, or if she just needed someone to talk to, we would be there. A few days later, I texted her to wish her a Happy Halloween and to see how she was doing. A few days after that we got a text from her saying she would love to meet us before she made any decision. I called our case-worker and she told us not to get our hopes up because she was planning on keeping her baby. I told our case-worker "if it's right the Lord will provide the way." We were still very excited to meet with her for the first time (at Chili's). Our first meeting was fun and a little awkward at times. ha ha We never talked about adoption with her, we let her direct the conversation. It was perfect. We got to know her and her family. We found out she knows my dad. She went to Riverton High where my dad works. Chanel had him for Drivers Ed and P.E. My dad said "he remembered cutting her a few deals with her grades". ha ha When we left the restaurant we hugged and she gave us the most delicious sugar cookies ever! We didn't know what was in store next.....A couple of days went by. We could not stop talking about how we felt when we were talking with her. I kept telling Randy that her and I have a great connection. I felt prompted to text her and see if she wanted to come over to our home for dinner. I did not ignore the prompting. Chanel said "YES, I would love that". Last night was the night all of our lives changed. After dinner she said she had a present for Brock. She brought a bag over to the table and pulled out a coloring book and crayons for Brock, then she pulled out those delicious sugar cookies for us, then she pulled out this little outfit. In my mind I thought...that won't fit Brock? Duh.. She said... "and this outfit is for Brocks new little brother". Time was frozen. It took our breath away, we were not expecting that. Randy said "come again"? I said "really?" With tears feeling all of our eyes we hugged. The spirit was so strong you could not deny that this was the right decision. What an amazing young women. To be so in tuned to the spirit, to put aside all of her feelings and her desires of wanting to keep her baby. For this young women to have enough faith and trust in the Lord, to not ignore those feelings is so incredible.

For those of you struggling with infertility stay close to the Lord. I have a strong testimony of faith. He will provide miracles when you are least expecting it. He will help you through these tough times. We are a testament of that. Chanel and Heather have changed our lives forever through the MIRACLE OF ADOPTION. We are going to have the most cutest little boys ever! We are so excited to expand our family yet again. We love you Chanel!

16 comments:

bhblood said...

Rachel! I am totally crying! I am SO happy for your sweet family! What a lucky little guy! Congrats!

The Maughans said...

OH. MY. HECK!!! I am so happy for you guys! Brock gets a little brother - whoo-hoo!! And December 1? If he's born on that day he will share his birthday with the best cousin ever!!!

The Severson Family said...

Thank-you for being the right family!! This Chanel's Aunt. We love her with all of our hearts and want the very best for her. We've been fasting and praying that she would find the "RIGHT FAMILY". One that she would know was perfect for her baby to be sealed to and raised by. It's a wonderful blessing to know Father in Heaven is watching out and taking care of all of us!

Henich Family said...

I am so happy for you. What an amazing post. What an amazing family you guys are. Brock is going to be the best big brother and you and Randy of course are so lucky, blessed, and loved.

I can't wait to meet this little guy!

I hope this one doesn't suck on Aniston's toes...hahahaha

Hinckley Family said...

I think I could have come back to no better news than this!!! We love you guys and cant wait to be an aunt again! Thank you to Chanel for blessing R&R and our whole family!

Anonymous said...

oh.... you brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you guys!!!!

Erin said...

So I'm crying all over again reading this!!! I am so excited for you! I woke up at 4am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I was so excited for you and couldn't stop thinking about it! I don't even know Chanel (yet) but I love her so much!!! She is so awesome and such a strong girl to have had the courage to follow what she felt was right in her heart. I can't wait to meet her and to meet Brock's little brother!!!

Jen said...

What an amazing story and experience for you guys. I know what amazing parents you are and just people in general. Always willing to help and such great neighbors! I'm so excited for you guys and this sweet baby will be so blessed. What a courageous and strong birth mother he has.
I try not to say "good luck" b/c I know it has nothing to do with luck, so many blessings sent your way!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! Thats an amazing story. So happy for you guys!

Alyson said...

Oh my, HOORAY!!!!! Congratulations! What an amazing thing!

Kevin and Stacey said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you guys! Congrats!

Brooke Bowen said...

Impossible not to cry reading that! I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing the story, it's such a testimony builder. I guess it's getting close to any day now! Best wishes, love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations !! Rachel and Randy. It couldn't happen to anyone better. I send my best wishes and look forward to the future with you both. Gary B.

Malia said...

This was the best post I've read in a very long time!! I'm so happy for your family and so happy for this new little guy. He is already so loved by so many people. He truly is a miracle in so many ways!

Janna said...

Randy and Rachel I am so happy! Adoption is a beautiful miracle. Chanel has blessed your family, but I KNOW finding you will bless her life forever also. Congratulations and Best Wishes! Love, Janna O.

Kimbralee said...

Yay!! I'm so so so so excited for you guys! Another cute boy coming! I started crying when I read this story. It just reminded me of how the Spirit had prompted me with knowing Mike and Erin were the right parents for Bryson. Chanel is in for a treat! She has picked such a great family!!! I love you guys!! I can't wait to see the new baby!!