Monday, November 19, 2012

A Time of Thanks

I love Thanksgiving. I have so much to be Thankful for and I would like to share a few of them with you.  I am Thankful for my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and for his atoning sacrifice. I am not perfect, I have my flaws. He makes it possible for me to renew myself and become a better person.  I would be lost with out him.  I am Thankful for my little family.  They are my world. I am Thankful for my wonderful husband.  I am Thankful for all I have learned from him. I am Thankful he has stuck with me for 12 years. I am Thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mother on this earth.  I am Thankful I get to be home with my boys to teach them and see them grow.  I am Thankful for Brock telling me how pretty I am and that he hates my hair in a pony tail.  I am Thankful for Brody being so polite by saying "pease and ank you".  I am Thankful that they make me laugh everyday and that it's easy for them to forgive.  I am Thankful for adoption and for everything I have learned and continue to learn from it.  I am Thankful for our boy's birth moms and how lucky we are to have found each other.  I am Thankful for our boy's birth families and the love we have and share with them.  I am Thankful for mine and Randy's families.  They have been a great support to us, we know that we can always turn to them.  I am Thankful for my mother in law watching our boys on Wednesday's so Randy and I can go to work.  I am Thankful for Randy's job and how great of a company they are to work for.  We have been blessed in many ways because of them. I am Thankful for my talent in doing hair.  I have the best clients that I can depend on. I am Thankful for our beautiful home my talented husband built. I am Thankful for food.  I love to eat!  I am Thankful for all the little things, the rain, the snow,  flowers, mountains, clean sheets with shaved legs:), our cars, Monday night ice-cream, the morning snuggles with my boys, the love and laughter we share as a family, our boys faces/smiles when daddy comes home, the excitement for the holiday's, watching Brock in the primary program, reading to our boys.  The list could go on and on.  This Thanksgiving please take a moment and list what you are Thankful for.  We all have so much to be Thankful for.  We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!



2 comments:

Henich Family said...

you are so gorgeous Rachel! What a great post. I am THANKFUL for you!

Granny Goose said...

That was a beautious Thanks! Your picture is also beautiful. Thank you for being such a fun and loving daughter and friend. It is always more fun when you are around.